Atake de Corazon

5.02.2005

Hell on Earth

Terminologies:

>Madocs 3M – Manila Doctor’s 3M. It’s an Obstetrics ward where we were assigned before.
>Pedia – Pediatrics.. nge! Di mo alam yun?
>TMS – thickly meconium stained, means that the baby pooped inside his/her mom’s womb cause of lack of oxygen kaya he/she lost control of her bodily functions kya yun najebs sya..hindi na nya napigilan! Did you know that a newborn’s poop smells like nothing? Well, now u do… You’re learning ha!
>TB – tuberculosis
>AGE with DHN – acute gastroenteritis with dehydration
>LGIE/UGIE – lower/upper gastrointestinal bleeding

East Avenue Medical Center is by far the most terrifying hospital that I’ve been to. I love being in the Operating Room so it was tolerable staying there. But 5 west? I though that Madocs 3M would be the worst but 5 west is nothing compared to that. Firstly, it’s a pedia ward. I hate taking care of kids cause they’re so fragile. Yes I’m a humanitarian but I had an experience before with a newborn baby who was having a cardiac arrest and another who was TMS both of whom I took care of. I’m sure you can’t precisely get the picture but trust me, it was scary. And now we have to spend five 8-hour days in 5 west filled with kids who either had TB, pneumonia, pneumothorax, AGE with DHN, LGIE, UGIE..oh and did I mention meningitis? This is hell. And yes I was turning into a pulp because all the fluids in my body are being evaporated from the heat emanating from the very suffocating ward that we were in. Best of all, the census for that week was 54. Our duties just keep getting better and better. Wait till we get into San Lazaro, the official pugad ng mga communicable diseases.

This is one the reasons why I want to be a doctor and no, not a pediatrician.

2 comment(s):

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Management property software window kia sedona rating Side effects tamiflu Alkmaar yasmin Antique watch for sale voyeur tips yasmin reza sztuka

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home